View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 06:05 PM

Default You know they have a pair...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Villain had just sat down, and has seemed pretty solid

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

I raise the flop, b/c I think villain is solid and will bet into me if he connects at all or has diamonds, so I feel there is a good chance I have the best hand.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?

I REALLY feel like villain has a King here and does not want to give a free card. If it's a Jack I may very well be good. If I must call the turn and river I need to be right 25% of the time (putting in 2 bets to win 6 or 1 in 4), assuming villain will bet the river.