View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 06:14 PM

Default A modest proposal.

So I've been off the forums for a bit, and I come back and everything's different. I don't feel like I've got a "home forum" anymore. I want to get involved in posting again, but I don't seem to fit in either SSHUSH or MHHUSH.

SSHush looks alot like sstakes. A great forum for people who got the basics and are moving toward more advanced concepts.

Sadly, I (and I imagine a large number of other 5/10 players) don't fit that description. I'd be fine commenting on other people's hands there, but I question the advice I'd get on the hands I'd be posting. There are definitely some quality posters in SSHush, but there are also alot of players just getting their legs playing .5/1.

So my modest proposal: Blur the lines between the forums. 5/10 seems to be the straddling point between low stakes SH and mid-high stakes short handed. Why not reflect that in the forums?

So my modest proposal: Allow the veteran 5/10 players who are working toward 10/20 to begin to post in here. Trust the users to self police. SStakes was supposed to be 2/4+, but I never had a problem with a strong 1/2 player posting his more advanced hands up in SS instead of micro.

What do you guys think?