View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Am I playing K\'s like they are A\'s?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I can only remember 2 guys I've ever really been "afraid" of preflop with kings, one of them had stats like 5vp$ip/1pfr or something over 1500 hands and another 15/2 or something similar over ~1200 hands... I haven't used PT my entire "carreer" though but still I doubt they're common enough to have any real effect on your winrate over a few tens of thousand hands or more

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll hold KK and meet AA about once every 8.300 hands or so at 6max (1 in 221 hands you have KK and about 1 in 38 times one opponent holds AA).

Kings are about 18% against AA, so we lose around 64bb on each occurence (all-in preflop).

So losing 64bb every 8.300 hand is like 0.78 bb/100 (or 0.39 PTBB/100).

Would of course be nice to avoid it, but that would certainly mean folding KK incorrectly a couple of times.
So never folding KK preflop is not a major leak in anybodys game (as opposed to never calling all-in pf with KK which would be very wrong).

But there are times I'll do it myself (or rather wish I was able to do it):
13/2 rock raises to 4BB, i re-raise to 12BB, rock pushes, stacks 100BB.

I cannot recall having been shown QQ here at 100NL. But I've certainly seen AA.

What it all boils down to I guess is: is AA more than 60% likely or so (depending on how much is already in the pot)? If yes you fold, but this will obviously be the case only against the rockiest of rocks (who do exist).