View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Cramming for the PPM

May I ask where you get off spewing advice on how to best approach a big-money tournament? Like you actually know what you're talking about or something. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good ideas. I had already been considering the idea that there will be a lot of people trying to crawl their way into the money because of the flat structure.

While I would like to just be able to weak-tight my way into the money (as I recall...180th place out of an estimated 700 entrants I think will get about $5k or so) I think it is very likely that there will be opportunities to get aggressive and build a bit of a stack. Whereas the weak-tights will all be keeping their fingers crossed that they can hang-on long enough to make it.

I guess this is a long-hand way of saying I'm going to wing-it and evaluate as I go along.

This is my first major tournament too and my experience is even less than the original poster.

I've played in 2 live tourneys before.
One was a $30 rebuy with 27 players (I finished 26th).
The other was last January...a $110 single-table satellite at the WPO in Tunica for a $1100 tourney-chip or something (I didn't win).
That's it for my live-tourney experience.

I've played live 3/6 through 10/20 as well as NL 1/2. I probably have 25 or so total live sessions. Likely less than 100 total hours of live poker play.

Online I've played in $100 and $200 buy-in tourneys before. Nothing higher. Mostly NL but I've been adding in some limit tourneys of late and have been doing okay.

I think my background has me naturally all set to make the final-table on the cruise.