View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 04:41 AM

Default Diet Coke Explosion

I tried googling to see if this was a common occurrence, but didn't come up with much. So I now turn to the weird stuff gurus of OOT. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I woke up this morning and made the usual half-awake stumble over to my computer chair only to step all in some sort of brown liquid. At first I thought the dog had diarrhoea'd all over the computer chair mat, but I was brave enough to bend down and do a taste test. Well, not that brave - I sniffed it and realized it was coke. Ok, before the sniffing coke jokes, it was a beverage of some sort. I looked around for the culprit in a sea of Mountain Dew cans only to remember I drink absolutely no dark-colored drinks. I soon realized that the entire computer desk was covered in the substance, and that's when I noticed my mini-refrigerator, which sits at the far end of my long computer desk, was cracked halfway open.

I went over to investigate and the inside was covered top to bottom in coke. I went back to thinking it was the dog for a minute that had somehow got ahold of a drink my girlfriend had left open and inside the refrigerator, until I recovered the Diet Coke can which was completely sliced in half, with the top half not open.

Has anyone ever had this happen before? I haven't changed the temperatures in the refrigerator in a few weeks, but I do like my drinks very cold so I keep the temperature dial on the coldest setting. There's also a mini-freezer in there, but the Diet Coke can that exploded wasn't anywhere near there. Was this explosion powerful enough to knock open the door and send Diet Coke spraying outwards about 5 feet, or did someone leave the door open?

I wish I had pics but when I first saw it, my only thought was cleaning up the huge mess, not writing a post on 2+2 about it later.

-Brian