View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Is this a good spot?

I am normally a limit player but am working on getting into mtt's -- playing the the 20+2 Party satellite for a seat in the million dollar guarantee. 120 people, top 5 win a seat (6 gets nothing) -- I think I made the right play here, but I wanted to get some thoughts. I apologize for some reason party wasn't saving the hand history so here's my description.

Blinds are 750/1500 – I have about 11k after posting the big blind, three other players not involved in this hand have between 9-18k. I’m dealt 10’s in the big blind, folded to the SB (~65k) raised to 4k, This short handed and right at the bubble I haven’t seen many of the SB’s cards, but as a big stack he played fairly aggressive and successfully stole a lot of blinds, I figure he could be on a very wide range of cards. I push ------- he calls with 3’s and I catch some bad luck!

Not a bad beat whine at all, it happens, and with his chips I would have done the same. I just want to get some other opinions on if I should have folded to his initial raise and waited until I was the aggressor, etc….. Thanks in advance