View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: party 30/60 hand I\'m not happy with

[ QUOTE ]
why not call the flop and raise a non-overcard turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

If one decides to wait for the turn to raise, I am not sure that an overcard on the turn should dissuade us from raising; in fact, it may give us more reason to raise i.e. the flop bettor will often follow through with a bet regardless of whether the turn card hit him and there is reason for him to think that the turn overcard hit you (if you raise the turn) given that you just called the flop on a board bereft of draws (or at least, it is my recollection that the flop was rainbow).

Also, given that you have QJ and the only kickers that beat you are a King and an Ace, a turn overcard is frequently better than a turn undercard vis a vis the original flop bettor. That is to say, if a ten comes on the turn, it's worse for you than a King on the turn because that ten may give the bettor JT which now vaults his hand over yours. If the King gives him KJ, then that's not as big a deal as he had you beat anyway.

hm...reviewing this, I suspect that my writing skills aren't up to par today...whatever...your reading skills should make up for my poor writing.