View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Is Doyles\'s expose the aces play legal?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The BB flips the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I fliped up the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and after much thought called.

After the hand he told me he figured that I was on KK with the redraw to the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man is he dumb. I usually induce people to call my AI when they show me a hand that beats mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think flipping the K was dumb. But apprently it worked, so yeah, that guy is dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all dumb.

Play the hand from the "villians" prespective... You have a tight (preflop) player making a raise from UTG, his likely range of hands based on your hours of play with him are AA, KK, QQ as the most likely and you look down and see a strong ace (strong for a BB hand anyway) of AJo and call. Risky but the UTG player has a tendency to overplay big pairs so you have good implied odds of stacking him.

Now when the flop comes AQ3 and you "know" the UTG mostly holds AA for a set, KK for a under pair or QQ for a set you lead out to find out where you are at with UTG, then he pushes on you, and he has done this a couple times before on the table and not always with the nuts (showing a couple bluffs after the hand), so it is hard to tell by the push if you are way ahead or way behind. So you flip your ace up hopeful to get a read, instead UTG flips up a K and that varifies your first read of KK and call with top pair good kicker looking to stack UTG with an overplayed big pair.

And yes I set this play up. I know how players see me on the table and exploited that in this case. There were several comments on the table along the lines of "Wow! I never put you on that!".