View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Final table - 7 handed - Blinds very high

[ QUOTE ]
9's or better, AK, AQ. You're probably going to lose about 1 player per orbit or 2 with blinds this high. With a bigger stack no need to get crazy...yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... this looks like prime time to get crazy, to me. I'd push a huge range, but not any two. Say Ax, Kxs, K7+, Q9+, JT, any pair. The more tight that he is and the more conservative my image, the more hands I add to that list.

The payout doesn't get steep until the top 3ish. I'm willing to flex my stack edge and splash some chips around to get a really big stack if at all possible. Picking on the short stacks here (who conveniently aren't so short to be desperate) is a great way to accumulate chips. This BB is very unlikely to get brave. The vast majority of small buyin tournaments involve people getting weak tight at the final table, especially when everyone is neck-and-neck.

Yeah he might catch JJ and call you, but whatever. You're not dead, you can suck out, and the VAST majority of the time you're taking this down and cut the gap to chip lead in half. I'll take those odds.

Kings