View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: How do you rule here?

[ QUOTE ]
If it can be clearly determined that your opponent had not acted yet, then he may do so regardless of dealer error. It sucks for you this time, but if you were him, would you want to be FORCED to check because the dealer screwed up and didn't bother giving you a proper chance to act? I doubt it.

The dealer should have been paying more attention. I'd kick 'em in the nuts, but you said it was a "she," so that kinda complicates things. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering if the player did something which indicated a check to the dealer (even if unintentional), and if the problem is that the dealer didn't have the confidence to hold the player to the check when he insisted he didn't check. Either way it is a dealer error. So many players check by making small movements and many players have what I call bouncey hands that are constantly banging the table that it is easy for a dealer to see a check even where there is no check intended.

I know at least one player who sets this up as an angle. throughout the night he will stare at his opponent until the opponent acts. If either the player or dealer tells him it is his action he will claim that he already checked long ago. Then later on in the evening he will stare at his opponent and wait for his opponent to act, if the opponent checks he will announce that he hasn't acted yet and bet.