View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 11:34 AM

Default I call? (2/5 NL)

Very loose passive game at the Harrahs in Omaha. Lots of limping and cc'ing of raises. Things get alot more aggressive post-flop. 2 people limp UTGish, MP raises to 15, and 2 people call, and its to me on the button. I call with KdJd. Everyone that had limped + a blind calls, and away we go.

Flop is 7d8x9d. About as good as I could hope for. Then things go very wrong. PFR bets 50. Folded to me on the button. I notice the BB stacking out $50. I'm a donk, so I call.

Then things get worse. BB raises, puts the $50 out, and pushes out a raise of $200. Bummer. PRF doesnt take long to shove his last $200 into the pot, and its back to me.

I am devoid of reads on the BB. He's new, and I'm new. The PFR is a smug nit who has been needling me because I was carrying around a HoHII book to read while I was waiting to get into the game. However I have not seen him get out of line. I have to think he either has AA, KK, or JT.

I'm getting good enough odds for my call, if my flush is good.

Call?

Sidenote, BB who make the raise $200 more still has $200 behind. I have $220 behind.

I felt lost here. Advice please?

Hand 2:

I've been at the table for about 2 hours now, and have shown down some monsters. I've also lost with a few big hands. I have 1k+, and villian in this hand is the only person at the table with over $300. He has $525 or so.

I raise from the button with AQs to 20. Villian reraises me to 55, and I call. This had happened twice before from his BB, and both times I folded.

Flop was AQ9r. He bets out $50. I raise to $200. He waits for about 2 minutes, and pushes...

Hero?

Nick