View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: 2005 Microquests Thread -- Post Your Progress, Setbacks

[ QUOTE ]
1. Respond to lots of threads started by others. Start some threads about some of my hands too. One look at my post count will tell you that didn't happen. I have taken far too much from this forum and given nothing in return. I suck.

2. Take some shots at $1/2. Move there full time eventually. 3.5 bb/100 after 12K hands. I'm planning on spending most of my time at 1/2 until I hit 20 or 25K hands.

3. Work on my 6 max game. I'm down a little bit over 5K hands. I've got a long way to go here.

4. Get a bigger monitor so that I can play more than 2 tables without severe overlap issues. Still haven't done that. However, I think that only playing 2 tables has been helpful in my development as a player.

5. Be working on a move to $2/4 by the end of the year. I'm way over-bankrolled for 1/2, but someone smarter than me once said that your bankroll grows faster than your experience. I've taken some shots here and there, but I'm not in a big hurry to get to 2/4. I will be there before the end of the year though...

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of other thinks I should do:

--Get a better handle on my state of mind at the table. My play tends to deteriorate when things go very well or very bad. I also tend to let my ego get in the way at times and call down when I know I'm beaten.

--Take a look at King Yao's book.

Overall, I'm happy that I've come such a long way since I started lurking here, but I've still got quite a long way to go before I will consider myself a "good player."