View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: My 1 Year 2+2 Anniversary

Have found a lot of excuses in the last few months not to play.

Some good: A trip to another province to help a relative buy a house. Sunshine. Sanity breaks.

Some sort of good: Getting out a bit more (sometimes). Spending (a little) more time with other people.

Some probably bad: Writing long winded replies (and actually posting some of them).

Some bad: Getting drunk and playing video games. Moving straight from morning (err... afternoon) 2+2ing to couch + beer and missing the in between 'actually playing poker' bit.

I'm currently in the process of trying to get back to a reasonable number of hands/month. Decided to work on this at a limit I'm comfortable with (2/4). My game also seems to have changed a hell of a lot since I last put in any significant play, which is kind of interesting and necessitates some adjustment + tuning.

Short term goals involve slipping back into the daily grind with the additions of regular exercise (running, which I'm a week into and it's starting to suck a little less) and regular eating (I love food, grocery shopping, cooking... but am very good at subsisting on what is essentially a Survivor diet for insanely long periods of time).

So for now I'm the erratic "what the hell was he thinking?" guy at your 2/4 table. I hope you all enjoy my chips.