View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Press Release: Sklansky\'s \'\'WORLD POKER TOUR ALL-IN HOLD \'EM(TM)\"

I played this game quite a bit a few months back when it was in testing at the Bellagio. It was a pretty fun time when taking a break from real poker. The key of course is the element of risk is extremely low, much lower than the house edge since you are putting a lot more money in when you have the best of it.

I probably played a total of 8 hours and never once saw another person playing anywhere close to perfect strategy. I completely memorized the strategy before I ever sat down for the first time. I was the only person that raised all in with the crap hands. I didn't see a single other person 'bluff'. I even had a dealer flip out on me when I raised all in with AA, trying to tell me how bad a play it was because she would have folded most of the time. 90% of the players played the side bets and many of them played that as their main game folding almost all their hands. No wonder the hold was more than they expected.

I'm glad it got picked up. It's the only table game I'll ever play.

Vlorg