View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Negreanu now vs. 8 months ago... sad times.

[ QUOTE ]
...But he is a little full of himself and his abilities. He does go out of his way to say hi back if someone says hello to him. But i get the vibe he does it in more of a politician way...

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that DN does go out his way to interact (even on a superficial level) makes him a much better person that your standard celebrity. The fact that he not only responds to fans in public, but makes the effort to do so in a friendly way is actually quite remarkable. And yet you criticize him for doing it like a politician would? Dude, he doesn't know you. What do you want? A freakin' hug?

[ QUOTE ]
That doesn't mean he's a bad guy. Just means i think he believes himself a little more important than everybody else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put yourself in his shoes. In the course of a few years, you've gone from average Joe poker grinder to world famous celebrity. At the height of poker's popularity, you are among the Top 5 most popular players in the game. You are filthy rich because you win so much so often.

Random dudes that you don't know are always coming up and saying hi to you. Every day. Everywhere you go. Many want autographs or pictures or more.

Now tell me you wouldn't come off as believing that you're a little more important that most people.

Let's just say I won't be holding my breath for an honest reply.