View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Checking the flop with a monster on a scary board

[ QUOTE ]
OK, this is bad example because the board is double coordinated. I should have found an example that didn't include the straight draw.

Forget the straight. Forget the straight. Forget the straight. What I tell you 3 times is true.

The point is that the pot is too big to bet someone off a flush draw on the flop. It's a case where betting doesn't improve your odds of winning. Waiting for the turn gives you a better shot at getting rid of a flush draw. Not much with the micro limit players but still. What I've noticed is that when the flush misses the turn I tend to get more action compared to un-coordinated boards where I lead out on all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first place, you're not trying to get anyone off a flush draw. You're trying to increase the amount you win from them the 65% of the time their flush doesn't hit.

Second, the last part of this is idiotic. You're going to get LESS action from a flush draw when the turn doesn't hit them, not more.

Finally, this hand was badly played, this hand was badly played, this hand was badly played.