View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Bad beat by my GF\'s Dad

So I was over at my girlfriend's house a few weeks ago when her dad was having a little poker night with a couple of his buddies. Anyway, he invited me to sit in and I gladly accepted.

Anyway, we were a few orbits in when this hand came up.

It was a low buy-in .05-.10 $10 buy-in game and I had something like $11, my gf's dad had me covered.

My gf's dad opens to $0.60 in the CO and I repop it to $2 from the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He calls.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I lead into him small for $1.25, trying to represent a weak continuation bet. My girlfriend's dad pushes and I call. He shows 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Turn is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], river is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] giving me quad aces and I lose to my gf's dad's straight flush.

My gf's dad goes "Hey, I'm sorry, but everyone gets lucky sometimes, right?"

I say "Yeah, but it's alright, maybe you won this hand, but I'm still the big winner."

He goes "Oh yeah? Why's that?"

I tell him "It's 'cause I'm plowin your daughter."

NOW who's layin the bad beat, mother [censored]?