View Single Post
Old 03-16-2004, 11:45 PM

Default Re: ring game player converting

I'll tackle some of your questions.

$50+$5 is hardly more difficult than $20+$2 most of the time. There is no difference between $5+$1 and $10+$1 except for the % vig (obviously you should avoid $5+$1 like the plague, but $5+$0.50 is OK). The two table 18 player SNGs on stars DO tend to be more difficult at all buy-in levels than the one table.

50 buy-ins should be MORE than enough if you play half way decently and you are playing no limit.

I am not the one to give advice on win rates. I don't keep track myself, so I really don't know what my win rate actually is. I am sure I cash in close to 50%, if not a bit more, but this is purely gut feeling based on playing thousands of times without ever keeping records.

Also, I play solely no limit SNGs. Anything else, particularly limit hold'em SNGs, are a waste of effort in my book. As a good no limit player, my advantage at no limit is so much greater than any other game, there is no point in playing ANYTHING else. I have probably played ten limit SNGs total EVER, and every time those are just because I accidentally entered the wrong SNG.

If you have placed in every no limit SNG you have entered, well then you have not entered very many.

A big advantage of no limit SNGs is that the morons tend to play stupidly and eliminate each other before you run low on chips, so usually you have fewer players to play against when you begin to be forced to play because of escalating blinds.

al