Thread: Bonfire
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 12:11 AM

Location: Typing \"nice runner runner\" over and over and over and over and over and over
Default Bonfire

I don't recall who first suggested it, but some friends and I decided that it would be fun to invite a bunch of people and have a bonfire in their backyard before winter gets any closer. So, we planned on having it this Saturday. The plan was for me to bring my guitar, everyone to bring some food / beer / whatever, and just hang out and relax.

It turns out we couldn't have picked a better night. The weather was perfect - temperature in the 60's, clear, and calm.

I had the best time that I've had in a while. We sat around the bonfire from 7:00 or so until way into the night, roasted hotdogs and marshmallows, drank, sang, talked about whatever, and just generally forgot about everything else.

Oh, and one guy went inside and passed out in their shower.

I ended up staying the night there after everyone left. We woke up today around noon, went to Denny's and got breakfast/brunch/whatever, headed back to their place and goofed around playing Intellivision and NES all afternoon, then went to La Fiesta and had dinner.

What a refreshing weekend. I don't do stuff like this often enough.

We all can get burned out dealing with all of life's crap. But weekends like these make it all worthwhile.