Thread: Sites Rigged?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Sites Rigged?

"Think about it - why would sites want to rig??? They are making money hand-over-fist already with the rake. If it got out that sites were rigged, the entire industry would go bust, dude. You think the sites are willing to take that risk???"

Don't get me wrong, I'm usually the person arguing against others who are saying a site is rigged. And I understand that if it ever got out they were rigging it, it would jeopardize the industry. That's not to say that there couldn't be a motive.

If I can hypothesize for a sec: Let's say that one did manipulate the deal so that there were more flops with potential flush, straight and/or full house draws. You would be likely to have more players betting heavily into each pot which would increase the rake.

Again... I'm not saying this is the case. Merely suggesting why someone might want to do it.

"Whatever you are noticing on your tables is a function of a short number of hands witnessed and short-term memory." Certainly possible. Though I've been watching for it because I now find it odd if I DON'T see quads at least once a night.

I figured someone more versed in poker statistics then I would say something to the effect that with 27 people playing and an average of X hands per hour played, one should expect to see quads come up every 2 hours... or something like that.

Thanks for your comments.