View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Re: AQ flops middle pair.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm taking you either won this hand or were ahead until the river. If you won, don't be results orientated.

Personally, I think you played this hand horribly.

Pre-Flop: I fold. You'll get arguements both ways but I've given up 3-betting AQo, especially when the raise is from UTG or UTG+1.

Flop: I fold, your trapped between the pre-flop raiser and now someone who called 2 cold pre-flop (KQs) and then raised the flop. How often do you think UTG will three bet with that board after he raised UTG. My guess very often. Not to mention you have no idea what BB is going to do. If you could close the action and call two cold, I might do it holding that As and the pot size but I'm not even sure about that.

Turn: Wow...you still have middle pair with no improvement against 2 raiser who are still in the pot.

River: Wow....you still have middle pair with no improvement and a str8 draw came home (unlikely though).

Change that Qh to 6c and your one card away from a calling station, of course they'll fold the river though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to agree with crockett here fold pre-flop. Since you didn't fold, even with your possible outs which are definitely not full outs I would fold the flop. I'm counting 4-5 outs on the flop the odds are almost there but you are not closing the action.