View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Do I suck? Legends hands

[ QUOTE ]
You've got to make the most out of your good hands and checking behind on this river would have been a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the way the hand was played it's unlikely he has an overpair (maybe mid pair depending on what the 'X's were), unless he's a known passive player. Looks like TX is his most likely holding, as a check-call on the turn really can't be much else besides a draw, and a busted draw won't pay off a value bet on the river. I might think differently had I not seen the results right away but I doubt it. If I thought KK-JJ type hands were at all likely then i might value bet, but I don't think they are. What will he call with here that you beat? KK-JJ are extremely unlikely holdings given how the hand was played. 2nd pair or 99-77 might, but that's not at all certain. His range is wide enough, but I think AT/KT/QT/JT/T9, a set, and clubs should be heavily weighted as his most likely holdings (all of which will either call and win, check-raise or fold), with the hands that you can beat that might call a value bet being weighted lower (as well as fewer in number).