View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Was asked to coach another player last night, now what?

Let me see if I understand the situation correctly. You have come to a FREE message board web site where PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW openly trade hand histories and ask for FREE help in the proper way to have played a hand, to ask if you should help another player who has come to you for some basic help. So in other words, you, after recieving a tremendous amout of free helpful advise, are wondering if you should extend that same benefit to someone else?

If you don't want to help the guy the very least you could do is direct him here and then leave the rest up to him.

This is not directed at the OP but sometime I get upset when I read things about "not helping the fish". We were all that fish at some point and people here have freely given some excellent (and some rotten) advise that we have all benefited from. I found this site when I picked a book (so long ago I don't remember which book) at Borders and on the back was a small blurb saying "For the best discussion of poker and gambling on the internet visit out web site". Well I went to that web site, bought many books, studied and posted questions and here I am with a bankroll many many times larger than the one I started with. I owe a significant thanks to everyone associated with 2+2.