View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: 11s PP: How is it possible to make a profit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The gem from Strassa was the fact that the absolute best your opponent can do against a push every hand, call every push strategy is to beat you 52% of time. That is an absolutely massive observation, and suggests that effective HU play (with relatively large blinds) beings with getting your chips in the middle on every hand, and can be improved by stripping out certain hands/situations from your push everything strategy.

HU is completely opposite from early SNG play. Early on the default is fold, and I need a real good reason to play a hand. HU the default is push, and I need a pretty compelling reason to do anything else.

BTW, the first time I came upon an opponent who pushed everything, I absolutely HATED playing him. After that point I was pretty much converted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold up. I'm assuming we are talking about really large blinds here. HU is a lot more than just "fold or push" game. It's about training and adapting to your opponents. Push every hand on me and we'll see who wins. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

By the time you wait for AA-JJ to show up, you're down to 15 chips.