View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 10:35 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: why am i always in these spots?

[ QUOTE ]
I like leading this flop. Button may have 3-bet, but if he has AQ, AJ, AT, QJs 77, 88, TT, JJ, QQ, he may decide to check the flop. This would be horrendous. Not all of those hands are entirely likely, but they are all possible. Furthermore, if we bet, and he has a hand that would have bet the flop, he usually will raise us. This doesn't really protect our hand too much, as people will draws will still be getting great odds on their draws. But, a benefit is that we can then 3-bet very often, and force people to pay. You got lucky here, and button 3-bet, allowing your cap, but this does not happen all that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make good points. I think it's close. I guess i think that I would bet almost any hand i three bet with on this flop in this size pot with these opponents. Many people would not though. I think pocket pairs almost always bet. Any chance of folding out hands drawing live in this pot with A high hands is a good thing. Perhaps hands like QJ i might check with, but i don't think they comprise much of villains range unless he's a maniac, which means he will bet anyway. Again, this is how i would play the flop checked to me. Smaller pot or really ugly flop, of course i'm not betting, but here i do.

I think it's close and depends on reads though.