View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: \"new\" statistic \"idea\", possibly worthwhile?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. I don't want to start a new thread about this. What BR do I need for the ministeps starting from step 2? step 1?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, offhand, i don't remember what the buyins are [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] or the payout structures! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but using whatever statistics you've been using, you should be able to come up with some approximate numbers for a semi-safe bankroll. i think that someone a while back posted a steps simulator, and if not, you could do something where you make up finish distribution information for each step, start with 100 at say step 1 and step 2, and figure out your "expected" results by iteration (i swear it really won't take as long as it sounds, probably only a few minutes. i'm sadly not equipped to even hazard a guess without those first couple of things up there (and wouldn't have time to sit down and do the maths for you if i did [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

I know.. but I'm lazy and left my TI-89 at school. Oh well; I'll break out Excel. Thanks anyway.