View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: $2/$5 NL ($300 max) hand at Turning Stone vs. 2+2er

I don't think the actual play of the hand ended up being terrible, but I hate the logic that was used throughout. Minraising preflop four hands in a row doesn't make sense, and with the exception of shortstack/all-in situations, I can honestly say that I have never raised preflop with AK with the plan of reraising anyone that comes over the top of me. AK is not a big hand and this is just LAG chip-spewing.

When the flop comes out the 2+2er is doing everything imaginable to telegraph a very marginal holding, yet our Hero is seeing monsters. There is virtually nothing given in the form of hand reading (other than "I think he might have a set") and all the decisions are based upon the thought process of "I have a marginal hand, and I have a couple of nut outs that I don't want to let go of, so I'll just try to hit them as cheap as possible." At the start of the hand Hero though he had a great image to play a big pot with AK with, but now suddenly there is no longer any consideration given to his image, and nothing at all is written about what his opponent might put him on at any point in the hand. He has hit an action board and he's just thinking about his own cards and using TPTK as a bluff catcher.