View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Chapter 4 and Levels 1-3

[ QUOTE ]
I think the answer is no, because if the entire table is leaning more toward LAG, your best style is to let them gun it out, and survive for your best hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is even more true when the table is a bunch of TAGs.

One thing to realize is the changing nature of the game. It seems that the large % of good players will go from being TAGs to LAGs as the game progresses. Therefore, if you are going to go up against a TAG with anything other than a very premium hand, one of two things is going to happen, one you steal, or two you get called, in which case you are likely going to be behind.

In the 800 chip Party SnG, your starting stack doesn't have enough girth to withstand more than one or two failed bluff attempts. Also with a full ring of people the chances that someone has a good hand are much high against 10 players in levels 1 and 2 than at levels 5 or 6 with 5 players. Therefore, for that reason alone your bluffs are better left for later, also the risk / reward is much greater due to the bigger blinds, and lastly that as you get closer to the bubble players will tighten up a lot to a raise, so there is more fold equity.

Based on this I do think that the TAG style is correct for early on if the game is full of LAG or TAG. The only time that it would not be (imho) is when the game is full of loose passive opponents who will lay down to a flop or turn raise with anything less than top pair....pretty rare, and becoming increasingly rare as time goes on.

Margon