View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: 30/60 Stud hi hand

Got enough chips on the table Carlos? I think you need about 1K more to be intimidating. Tee hee.

Here are the assumptions I am making based on your calls and raises:

3rd - you do not believe your opponent has aces or a pair above your 10s.

4th & 5th - you are trying to buy a free card on 5th street or get it heads up. Since you call 5th you have already made the decision to take it to the river as you do not have a strong draw secondary draw on 5th street and need a runner runner straight or fullhouse to have a strong five card hand.

6th street - You call. You now decide your opponent may have three aces since he bets into your board that is straight looking and also has a paired door card.

7th street - You are full so you decide to raise when he bets into you. But he three bets you and you decide to cap it...just cause...lol (can't think of good reason why unless you think he is less than 10s full--8s full?)

Okay analysis:

First, not real fond of your third street play. I assume you call here because you have the ace kicker. That doesn't mean he doesn't have aces or a pair over your 10s and it also means you are playing 6 card stud vs 7 card stud, essentially. One thing I wouldn't put him on is a flush draw.

But, if you are playing third because you don't think he has he aces or a pair bigger than yours, I recommend a reraise to try get it heads up on third or to find out where you are sooner so you can make a decision to fold on 5th.

Since you decided to only call the raise on 3rd street, I recommend making the move you did on 4th on 5th instead. I assume you made this move to get the hand heads up or to buy a free card. I don't think you did it to find out where you were at because you called 5th (didn't fold) without a strong redraw to a five card hand (i.e. you needed a runner runner straight or full house). I believe you have already made the decsion to stay in the hand to river unless a disaster happens. The four street raise with the suited connector is not real strong with all the diamonds out so the "raise value" is not as good as it might be in other situations.

If you make the move on 5th street instead, the player has to question where you are at and you have a better chance of knocking out at least one player behind you when he has to call two bets cold. I would have done this even if you didn't catch the nice looking 9. IMO that card was bonus for a 5th street raise.

On 6th - what the hell do you do? If your read is that player one doesn't have aces then you should raise to charge the most to the drawing hands. You really don't put the 5th seat on a flush with all the diamond out, at least I don't. And Seat 8 could be pushing for a flush and/or now be open-ended? Gotta love 6th street folders in a pot like this.

If you decide that player 1 may in fact have three aces cause he bets into your straight looking paired door card board on 6th, then capping the river is insane when he three bets you. At least save one bet..unless you think he has 8s full.

Fun hand.

Repectfully,

Sara