View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: PLO8 hand - questionable turn push or not?

1) Dont post results in initial post and please post stack sizes at the beginning of hands
2: Pre-flop) How do you not re-pot this PF? This is one the ideal starting hands that ur looking for PF and your on the button, it doesnt get much better than this. I would be raising her everytime when there has be a raise and 2 callers. That means u can raise to $6 and isolate maybe even take down the money right there. If you raise here PF and he calls u then he is going to have a hard time calling a pot-sized bet on the flop with just a low draw. I really dont like just smooth calling this PF, i think that its too passive
3: Flop) On the flop, I dont think the call is terrible, b/c ur getting 4:1 on ur money, however i think ur thinking may be flawed. I wouldnt be betting the person doesnt have the flush, because this is a game of nut-peddling, but be trying for ur low. But if you really doesnt think he has the flush, what would he be betting with here other than the nut-low draw OOP? So lets say u call and dont think he has either. (I personally dont think its really worth investing the $1 to try and win $3 and have to fold if a blank comes on the turn and even if u do hit ur scoop card, not knowning if ur going to take down the whole pot)
3: turn) When the 7 comes u now have the nut low and have invested $1.75. Villian then bets pot again and this is where i think its an easy fold. You now have to invest 3x what u have put in to win 1/2 the pot, but the chances of you winning 1/2 the pot and not being quartered are still not that good. I know u have the nuts and its hard to get away from, in limit i would say call this down, but this is PL and i think this is where u need to get away from it. Pushing is better than calling tho because by calling the turn bet, he is obviously going to go all-in on the river anyways. I would get away from this hand on the flop with the way u played with PF, its just asking for trouble on the turn and river and building a pot of money that is essentially going to be between u and villian and ur looking to either get scooped or quartered. If a low doesnt come on the turn, do u fold to a pot-bet there? You just wasted an extra $1 for no real reason.