View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: I get one right?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are you doing checking the turn? I don't agree with that at all. You will get calls from many pocket pairs and are only behind to the case 2 or AA. Why didn't you bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

See. It is starting already. This guy is a good player. He knows that I know he is a good player. You don't think he finds a fold with 66 here?

[/ QUOTE ]

will he call the river with it tho, when another overcard falls and you bet? you are also giving him a free card to a 3 outter (yeah I know, not much, but still).

if hes going to give up, you might as well make him fold now. The reason I would like it is if he has KJ or something, that way he can catch on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

This is getting to what I was trying to do. Just a couple of points and questions though. Lets assume he is thinking a bit about my hand. When he 3 bets preflop and leads an A22 flop what can I hold to just call? Should I peel that flop with 2 broadway cards and no Ace? Will he call the turn and river both with a hand like 55-TT?

How did you come up with 3 outs? I think he has 2 outs almost always (the 4th duece will not be an out for him because then I will have the stone nuts with my Ace right?) and is drawing to perfect/perfect the rest of the time with KQ,KJ mamybe QJs type of hands.

I think he will call my river bet with K high a lot and if he is unfortunate enough to catch a pair to his broadway card he will almost always lose 2 more bets when he value bets and pays off my raise.

Preflop is not standard for me either. I mix it up from the CO and usually prefer a better kicker but this game had some thinkers in it so I was trying to mix things up a bit pre and postflop.

BTW, this specific turn card changed the hand a bit but I was planning on checking any turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

well his 3rd out (the 2) is to a split pot, youd both have 2222A.

I think a lot of it comes down to how he plays a PP on the turn. Is he giving up because you called an A22 flop, or is he intending to call down, and is just checking out of fear? Also, would he even check this smae pocket pair? He could easily have TT and doesnt want to face a raise, and knows you are aggresive and will bet your 55 when he checks to you. Also, given his hand range, what is more likely, a PP or KQ/J type hand? Hes not going to catch his 6 outter that often, so I think there is more value in getting 2 bets out of a PP that calls down, than out of 1 when he catches or decides to pay off with K high (is that even likely tho?)

and then to river raise if he bets. I dont like it. You have him pegged as a good player, he should be smart enough not to call your river raise with 66, as its pretty obvious what you did. It also really backfires when he 3 bets you because he was trying to outhtink you on the turn with AA, or caught his 2 outter on the river. It might be worth it if it was a K, as then he would definately call with his K hands hoping for a split, but I think on most rivers im just callhing his ber, and I wouldnt lead a K river if I was him, even if I hit it