View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: How Do You Play Superaggressively?

There was a key assumption - you knew they couldn't/wouldn't call. Naturally, hammering away at someone with the nuts or a calling station who'll call you down with 3rd button is dangerous... to say the least.

Good post, but not what I was really asking about. (No disrespect intended. Your posts in the anthology have been especially helpful.)

Question: Is there a place for value betting in super-aggro play, since you don't want people calling you most of the time?

I'm not talking about the instances when your opponent has a monster, but you have a bigger monster, so you can bet however much you want anyways. I'm talking about when the board is J-3-7-K-6, you're checked to, you have AJ, you correctly put your opponent on TT. Normally, a value bet is in order. However, a super-aggro will usually have trash, and thus, does not want to be called, and should not value bet, right?? For his opponents would quickly pick up that he value bets when he wants to get called and doesn't when he's bluffing.