View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Can I get him to lay down JJ here

Not sure if I missed an opprtunity here or not. It was pretty clear what kind of hand he had, but I wasn't sure whether he would lay it down.

Blinds are still 10/20 in Party's Super THursday. Villain open raises to 65 from 2 off the button. He has 1235. Button (1705) cold calls, I call too from the SB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I have 2160 and I'm the table chip leader. BB folds. 215 in the pot.

Flop 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Pretty good for me. I check, Villain bets 125. Button folds. I can't tell a lot from his bet size, and rather than push here I just call.

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check and he bets 100 into the 465 chip pot. He has around 900 left, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have an Ace. Will the average player lay down a pair lower than aces here? Worth the risk? Or do you just accept the great price on the draw?

Interestingly enough I played a very similar hand 30 minute later, still thinking about this hand where a check on the turn with two aces on the board made me pretty sure the original raiser didn't like the board. I called the flop with a gut shot, got the free card on the turn, then bet big on the river and he folded.