View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 10:12 AM

Default *RESULTS*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems pretty reasonable/TAGish, the kind of guy i dont think you have a huge edge against.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
I CR allin

[/ QUOTE ]

= huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

im more likely to get called here by a thinking player than a mediocre 10-20 player, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the villain has 45 here very often, therefore i think that you CANT be bluffing (at least not profitably), between the times that he calls w/ sets (not very often, only his higher ones), and the times when he has the nuts. A thinking player should be able to realize this and fold most of his hands. Thinking players dont go broke in limped in pots against the obvious nuts very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

personally i instacall here with A8, A6, and all sets

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what i was thinking as well.

to those of you who wouldnt go broke with a set there, well, stick to full games bc you will get run over folding in these spots.

his turn/river bet was really what lead me to CR all in as an overbet.

he slightly overbet the turn, which is often a tell of strength. his river bet was also quite strong, not some 'please call me with an '8' bc I have a crappy ace' value bet. it reeked of strength.

after I moved in, he thinks for almost the whole time (which now a days isnt much) and calls with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

thanks for the responses.