View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Another downswing post. Advice please.

For the past 4 weeks ive been playing PL 0.50/1 . 6 seats

This week ive been the victim of some terrible cards and am down £300. Previous 3 weeks profit £400 £160 £240.

This is mainly down to some crushing rivers, all in with the best of it on the turn and, you know how it ends up...

Other 3 weeks I was hitting some decent cards although there wasnt many times when I was pulling rivers for the win.

Previous to my 4 week PL games I was strictly a STT and MTT player with great success in both but moved over to PL believing I could make more from it and have so far proved to be the case.

Ive experienced down swings with STTs too but it always rocks my confidence a lot, especially this week when im not just entering another £10 £20 tourney but am reloading another £100 each time.

I play poker 4 - 5 days a week and work on the weekends. Poker is not a career and it never will be, I just want to make a half decent wage each month to support my career moves. Although I have acheived that goal this month (around £500) I have cancelled out a weeks work with this weeks work.

Anyone out there with non tourney experience, should I expect a terrible week every 3 weeks average? What do you do to calm down?

My bank roll is £1000. Is this enough to sustain longterm dangers? Should I just play STTS?

Apoligies if this post seems slightly unedited.

helpful replies greatly appreciated