View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Cold Call 3 and Chase; Bet Sklansky Didn\'t Teach This!

Thanks for the detailed responses, I really appreciate it. I'm hoping to get more insight on the preflop and flop calls. Initially my thought process was that my implied odds were quite good preflop and peeling one of the flop was ok given the pot size. However, with that much action, how much do you discount your implied odds with losing over higher set, straight or flush?

For those who didn't like my play: you may be right about preflop but I don't think the postflop is too bad.

Remember this is a table full of LAGs and LPPs, the LAGs have a very wide open and 3 betting range, and the LPPs also have a very wide cold calling range - my play (if correct) is in hopes of capitalizing on a number of mistakes by these guys even though I'm very likely an underdog to a couple of these guys. While an underdog, the question is whether I'm well compensated by the significant pot size.

I know SSHE's starting chart would not advocate a 3 bet cold call but I'm just trying to see if this is one of those exceptions where poor preflop play from opponents makes the cold call profitable (if only marginally).

I'm NOT folding the river to 1 bet here by the way.

Results to come later [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]