View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Cold Call 3 and Chase; Bet Sklansky Didn\'t Teach This!

I'm going to agree with many of the posts before me. First is your preflop play. FOLD. I play a ton of 2/4 party full ring and 3-bets are rare, even with higher pockets like QQ or KK many times people will simply raise or call-a-raise, cluelessly slow playing. There is no reason to think your fives are a solid hand, and you don't hit trips enough times on the flop to justify calling a three bet. I'm out of this hand like a light unless I either 1) know UTG+2 is loose and agressive...like one of those guys with a 20-30% pf raise figure or 2) I got 10-10's or better.

I then disagree with your flop call. There are four people before you, I'm guessing they are going to have 1) A high pocket pair 2) High overs 3)heart flush draw and 4) I have no f'ing clue what 4 has. Here in my head I "know" I am beat, making the odds in my head 100,000 to 0 and I fold.

After that I think the rest of your play is good, but you should have never gone that far. I wish you had won that hand so I could go find the matching "suck out" post somewhere on here.