View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Negreanu vs Dreamclown match

"I didn't watch the match, but I've read the thread about it in the NVG forum.

What can you say about your preflop strategy others have mentioned where you always raise your button and never fold your blind and almost never reraise preflop? Can your call from the blind with 72o really be optimal? "

This is not my strategy but my friend's who is usually playing the bigger matches on the dreamclown account. I, however, am starting to slowly adapt the same preflop strategy. It seems as it's effective as long as you are a better postflop player than your opponent. If you are on the same skill lever as the opponent then you should not be playing him to begin with.

Anyway, my personal preference is very loose. I will play a hand like 47o, any 2 suited cards, and any 10x and up. I may play a few less hands if my opponent is reraising a lot.

I will also re reraise in position vs some opponents who 3bet me often or some opponents that will put in 5 bets there with a hand like AJ.

When I 4bet in position, about 80-85 % of the time I will have a premium hand like 88+ or KQs or better. The other times I may have something like 108s.

It is very possible that I may adjust and play preflop the same way as dreamclown very soon

-E