View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Will a good SS Hold\'em player help me?

the best advice given here is to stop playing at ameristar. Im also in the kc area, and have played there several times. Im a fairly strong winner in most online mid limit games, and still am barely ahead playing there. Essentially, you are losing a big bet on almost every pot you win (rake, jp drop, and toke) and that doesnt include the .16BB you are losing everytime the nice lady brings you a water. I know live play is appealing, but you should use it almost exlcusively as a release or escape from online play, which is much more lucrative not only in reduced rake, but also in external costs (gas, tips, food). In addition, you can play at least two tables, meaning you should be able to increase your hourly earn without increasing you ROR to much.

Also, while i havent seen you play at all, im willing to bet you are giving action far too much post flop when you are beat. Given the already high cost of just sitting at the table, even one bad call an hour can devestate your winrate.

If you arent willing to play online, theres not many other options for you. The occasional 6/12 kill that runs is a little better, but would require more than youre probably willing to put into a new roll. I would follow the advice given above, except i would deposit 200-ish into party, playing the 1/2 game. In addition, by playing online you can more easily track your hands using pokertracker, and its far easier to show your hands to others here on the forum.

peace

john nickle