View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: About to try SH for the third time, help me out HUSH guru\'s...

Instead of looking for all kinds of stats and figures to aim for, how about aiming for proper play. How about feeling out opponents and thinking about what you think will work against the way they play. Make your own rules. Get your own numbers. You can have all the right numbers in all the right places and still not know wtf you are doing.

The higher limit SH games are just like the lower limits in that you still find good tables, and you still play each hand based on your observations of everyone else. It's just more important now.

I played 1/2 full table forever because I spent my BR. Then I wanted to move up. I flew up from .5/1 (6) to 1/2 (6) to 2/4 to 3/6 (6) to 5/10 (6) and now I have the BR for 10/20 but am waiting a bit. The way I got better was not concentrating on any numbers, although mine do align with tighter TAGs. I don't really pay much attention to them. The way I win at every level is putting myself at tables where I know how to play against the players around me. That's all that poker amounts to at any level.

M