View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 08:14 PM

Default About to try SH for the third time, help me out HUSH guru\'s...

So the first two attempts at 3/6SH resulted in crash and burn. Hopefully the third time will be a charm.

In terms of studying/learning 6-max, last time I tried it I really studied it hard, and not just for a week or two. I have been studying HUSH on and off for the last year but both times I've really tried to play it full time I have done no better than a slight loser.

My mistakes last time included trying to play four games at a time right off the bat...trying to hit 24/12 numbers before I was comfortable playing so many hands...and not practicing game selection.

I'll post stats if requested but I get the feeling stat posts are overrated (which they are) and usually unnecessary (also true).

So my question for this post: Does anyone here have over 100k hands at the party 3/6 6 max level where they've won over 1bb/100? I would love to see what a long term winners 3/6 6max stats look like compared to those guys who play 10/20 6max.

I notice a lot of the players on this forum feverently state the importance of blind stealing/defending, but with the super-loose calling stations AND the rediculously high rake for 3/6 I'm wondering if tigher might be better.

Also, if you guys had to give an "ideal" WSD%, if there is such a thing, what would you give? How would it differ from 3/6 - 10/20?

Lastly, what would you say I should be shooting for with aggression numbers? Last time I was way too aggro, like 4-3-2.5ish type numbers. Should I be aiming for 2.5-2-1ish instead?

I know this is a pretty lame "I'm new to 6-max help me" post, but I figure if I can one good thought it is worth posting.

Thanks,
Jon