Thread: On the bubble
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 09:34 PM

Default On the bubble

$30+3, started with 10 people down to 4. Blinds 75/150, 2 hands till blinds go to $100/200. On the SB with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and $808 in chips after posting. BB has $299 left and doubled up on me last round beating my AJ with K4 (hit 3 4's). UTG has $3153, button has $5515 and has been bullying the small stacks. I'd stood up to the button a few times doubling up but he's made it difficult to call an all in with Q2o and 94 suited.

UTG folds
Button raises to T600, a typical move for him with a hand that had a 50/50 shot against a random hand.

What do you do?

a. Push your remaining $808 knowing he's going to call since he's only in for another $200?

b. Fold and hope the BB calls and looses or at worst gives up his blinds?

c. Call the $600 and see what hits on the flop since you'll have the button on the next hand?

The BB was very very conservative. The only reason he'd pushed in before was because he didn't have enough left to post the SB on his next hand so I doubted he'd call the raise. If I fold and the BB folds, he doesn't have enough left to make it through the blinds but I don't have much left either so if he manages to survive now I'm in deep trouble. I figured it was time to roll the dice as I was at worst a 3:1 dog against an over pair and if I double up I have a much better shot at outlasting the BB and possibly winning.

Board ended up 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he won with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] vs my TT.

Thoughts?