Thread: Notetaking
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Notetaking

Mine are pretty much the same as yours. I note down whatever I can. Generally, during the same session I don't need to refer to the notes because it's still fresh in mind what I've observed, however, when I first sit at a table or a new player joins and I have notes on that person, I read them right away and immediately begin to evaluate whether or not the notes are still accurate. Sometimes things no longer apply as the person has gained experience and now plays differently and/or better. Maybe they played a certain way once because they were on tilt and I had no way of knowing that. However, if I have a note that says this guy min raises pre-flop with monsters and then I see him another time and he raises 3x BB or 4xBB, I'll change that note, however, I'll also note that as well. I don't play in tournaments very often online so my notes are generally on ring games although I will note if it is a full game or shorthanded. If I notice the player adjusting to the table, I'll note that, i.e. loosened up becaue table was a rock garden. I tend not to put in specific hands played but a more general idea of how they play, such as "will limp in EP with suited one-gappers" or "will not bluff or semi-bluff" "only bets if feels hand is not vulnerable." I'm interested in this topic as well.