View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: What TV Shows should I add to my netflix queue?

[ QUOTE ]
The Lone Gunmen, of course

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, some frothing...

I like TLG a lot. I find the stories are fun, well-written, amusing and thought-provoking. However, one thing I do like is that the 4 guys encompass many of the good aspects of masculinity that are often dismissed too easily in modern life. They are clever, cunning, determined, idealistic (hidden in a cynical shell sometimes though), patriotic without being mindless about it, and brave. The do what they're driven to do, good or bad.

I like all the leads, but my favourite is Frohike. The other guys constitute the heart and mind of the group, I believe Frohike constitutes the muscle and balls.

My favourite episode has him returning to the scene of a tango competition, where it's revealed he was a master tangoer who just upped and left! The woman he left curses him for leaving, nags and bitches about how he treated her, scorns him for ever returning, rants about how he dares to come back, and sneers out a question about how could he ever expect her to take him back?

His response. Quietly spoken, but meaningful beyond the words: 'because we must dance.'

She melts, of course...

Oh, and there's also Yves Adele Harlow - she is smoking hot, and has a sexy, husky English accent too!