View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Stars SnGs vs. Party SnGs

Right away i had some trouble with the tigher hand selection preflop, but I seemed to be doing alright.

When i was getting to the bubble to start i was having varied stack sizes, but unlike stars when u get there without winning much for chips your not going to have that much of a stack.

i had chip leaders min-raise UTG 2 times recently (once i had AK once AQ) both times i was second in chips with maybe 12-14 BBs, both times they called almost all there stack with JTs (which i will take i guess) but both times they out drew and im done. I have had stacks down to 8BBs which should still be good enough for fold equity and im pushing what i think are +EV hands and getting called by people not getting odds with 22 or 33 or KT, or in 2 cases 89s and 57s.

Its obviously a small sample size but 20+ buy ins downswinging in 60 tournements is something i have never experianced before.

I have posted some HHs and i will post some more in the very near future.

My enormous amount of 4th places is mainly due to me not winning any races 60/40 50/50 or whatever, but i am rarely calling off my stack and usually have a tight image (if anyone notices at $11s) coming into the bubble. Other than not winning races, I just wanted to know if other people have played Stars and Party and noticed differences in Push/Calling bubble ranges.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]