View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Stats You Want to See

[ QUOTE ]
I would really like to see a VP$IP-independent aggression factor statistic. .....I figure that would end up being ( num_raises + num_bets )/( num_raises + num_bets + num_calls). Maybe you can get cute and add the pythagorean theorm there and square the number of bets+raises and calls, see what happens. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me that any stat that tries to aggregate together the different type of actions (fold/call/bet/raise) into one significant stat will always result in a stat that is lacking in some regard.

What I'd like to see is separate stats for each action on each street. So, just for the flop we'd have flopFold flopCall flopBet flopRaise... and so on for each postflop street. PAhud already has the fold stat by street. I'd find value to the turnRaise and riverRaise stats.

With a program like this, having too many stat options is not a problem since we can just limit what shows in the hud and in the popup. As a distant feature, perhaps even an equation editor where the user could define their own stats using the broad selection of PAhud defined stats.