View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 12:38 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Results/Thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't fault folding here maybe 20-25% of the time, but I think it's a push the other 75-80%.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying act randomly, where 1/4 times you fold and 3/4 you call? That seems silly since you're not worried about disguising your play.

I agree that most of the times you see this action you need to push (though it's somewhat marginal). However given this specific situation, I think a push not right.

Is there any merit in calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying that it will depend on your read of the other players, your particular play-style, etc. There are a number of factors that must be taken into consideration in these spots.

The UTG limper doesn't have to have a monster (as we saw in this case, he folded). He's short-stacked relative to the blinds and he's limping UTG. That, to me, usually indicates a donk who's squeeked into the money.

The raise from the larger stack is 4x the BB from early position. I'd put him on a hand like A/Q here, and I don't mind pushing, since our stack is large enough that he'll consider folding A/Q, and if he does call, we're slightly ahead and could become a much stronger stack ourselves.

With blinds at the 250/500 level, we don't have a lot of room to manuever and make plays with 7500 in chips. While we certainly aren't in the "red zone" at this point, it won't take long for us to be. And just moving a few places up in the money at this point isn't going to net us much extra. I'd be playing to accumulate chips, and thus taking risks (calculated risks) to achieve those stacks.