View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: AK soooooooted

Deep stacked, healthy stacks, I don't see TT, JJ, probably not even AQ limping PF here. KJ, KT...from your description, maybe...

I'm trying to reason an open push on this flop. One reason not to, is the risk of ruin situation obviously...'blind' pushing. The other might foresake value. With our healthy PF raise + 2 callers, we have already accumlated a great deal of value (a pot now equivalent to 40% of our stack). From that stand point alone, I have no problem NOT continuing to the turn for value's sake.

The only question is - can you lead an amount that protects your hand, gives bad odds for a draw to continue while gaining substantial value, and obtains the information needed for an exit consideration...all without fully committing yourself to the hand?

But could you consider folding? If this better lead is t400+, could we fold our last 1.1k getting 2:1 with TPTK, 3 outs to over take 2-pair, 4 outs for the nut straight? Not likely.

So, I'm going broke on the flop. Now prepared to go broke, do we consider trying to get more value from the hand? If we're behind on flop, it is HIGHLY likely we are getting raised AI anyway. If we're ahead on the flop, what hands could even consider calling a SUBSTANTIAL c-bet? A "Q", a weaker "K" maybe.

Pushing this flop is fine IMO, as you might just get your call from those anyway. But I'd consider near potting this thing (t500ish), giving him horrendous odds to chase the 7, or 3 outer, pushing any turn.

Ps. Lost somewhere in there is the point that IMO you lead far too weak OOP on this board.