Thread: 200/400 hand 1
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: 200/400 hand 1

clearly you're planning to knock him off a better hand with the check-raise on the turn, as you'd just check call if you figured he had a worse hand (i think?), so what is the range of hands you think he would fold here?

If it is true that he would fold enough hands to make this play +EV (essentially 2.5BB on a bluff to win 3.75, 3.5 to win 4.75 if you fire on the river and expect a fold) then wouldn't he be playing a very explotable game? if an opponent that often folds given a preflop raise isn't almost correct to auto check raise the turn on a non-scray board?

do you do that?

if not (and i assume you don't) what makes this situation particularly appealing to try to knock him off a better hand?

I know this is mid/high and the posters who this is aimed at get all this stuff intuitevely, but i'm just having a great deal of difficulty figuring out what your logic is in calling with A2 in the blind and not any two if this is the line you'll take, (assuming again that you're not going to the river unimproved with a2 very often).

<font color="red"> To me it seems as though if this actually works the cards don't matter, and because of this i wouldn't be folding enough for this to work on me. </font>

That's the way i think about a lot of situations and it's been very useful but the higher i go the more a non-exploitable strategy seems to fall by the way side (which yet again seems counter intuitive to me as i would assume opponents would be better at taking shots/randomizing unexpectedly)

Edit: i would really like to hear some of the better players here thoughts on the statement in red.