View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Party Poker Shortstack Abuse

[ QUOTE ]
i think appealing more to their lost revenue is a great idea.

what does everyone else think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is unlikely that short-stack artists are costing PartyPoker money. Even the argument about about players sitting out when the short-stacks are in is bogus. What are those other players going to do? Sit out for 24 hours, 48 hours, a week? No, they'll sit out for a few minutes and either get bored and play, go to another table or leave and come back later. In the meantime, someone else will fill the seat and even if the seat remains vacant, no limit poker is hardly reliant on having eight-way flops to max out the rake.

I also think the letter sounds like sour grapes over short-stack players excercising their right to move all-in. Any player can move all-in at any time in no limit; that's why it's called no limit. Whining about players coming over the top in a no limit game is absurd. More attention needs to be payed to the ratholing angle because ratholing is a legitimate problem. There is no excuse for PartyPoker to let someone pick up $1,000 from a table and sit back down two minutes later with $400.

SpaceAce